|The steering committee is currently formed according to
the following policy:
1. The steering committee consists of six
or more people.
2. Membership in the steering committee
expires after three years.
3. The general chairs of ICBO conferences
automatically become members of the steering committee for
three years, starting from the year when the workshop takes
place. If they have been members of the steering committee
in the year before the conference, then their term is
extended by three years, starting from the year of the
4. Normally, one new member is elected
annually at the ICBO conference business meeting (using the
two-round system). In case the general chair of the
confernece is already a member of the steering committee
(see 3. above), a second new member is elected.
5. The steering committee may appoint new
members of the steering committee, for example to fill a
vacancy or to add a representative from a particular group.